Save The Children Safe Spaces Campaign.
Rodney Knotts, Marketing Manager at Save the Children South Africa
“Launching this new campaign has been the ideal opportunity to revitalise how we talk about protecting children in South Africa. It’s a complex topic and it was important for me to work with a team that could produce content that resonates in people’s hearts and minds without putting children’s dignity on the line. From start to finish, Michelle and her team showed dedication to the cause and handled the subject matter with care. They also went beyond what was expected of them to create a TV ad that is not only visually striking but also sonically different from what Save the Children has done in other markets.”
The Save The Children #SafeSpaces Campaign was a wonderful opportunity for the I Am Media Team to create an integrated content campaign that was able to transcend across platforms to support and mobilise our client’s objective, which was to raise money in aid of the work STC affects around creating safe spaces for children who experience difficult circumstances such as abuse, poverty & hunger and child-run households.
The objective was to create a realistic window into the lives of children who were relatable and to do so in a respectful, emotive manner. We had the great privilege of the involvement and support of Social Influencers for the campaign objective:
- Terry Pheto – the lead actress in “Tsosti” – South Africa’s first film to win an Oscar
- Zikhona Sodlaka – Actress, Singer, TV Personality
- Janez Vermeiren – TV Personality, Producer
- DJ Zinhle – DJ & Author
who each had more than 1 Million in following through their respective networks, helped to create awareness for the #SafeSpaces initiative.
A content strategy was developed to leverage on the participating social influence which included a content package for each influencer in order for each of them to have an intimate exchange around what their connection to the campaign was, with their respective audiences.
The messaging of the main 90 second Direct Response TV Commercial was supported by content which was tailored for each of the message distribution channels across TV and Social Media.
The content package included the following:
- 90 Second Main TV Commerical
- 60 Second Edit TV Commercial
- 9 Cinemagraphs including a cinemagraph of each influencer for social media and website
- The Cinemagraphs / moving still images were developed around the visuals of the main campaign in order to drive social engagement and increase ROI through increased CTR’s for our client.
- 60 Lifestyle images of the TVC content for the use on social media, print, billboard & website
- 4 BTS videos of each of the influencers recounting their personal